About teeth whitening
Would you like a whiter, brighter smile? Have over-the-counter whitening products left you disappointed? Professional teeth whitening through Penz Dental Care is the next step. Using trays made just for you, professional whitening is ideal for people who want the most customized whitening treatment possible.
IN-OFFICE OR TAKE-HOME TREATMENT
You can choose a treatment applied in our office or one that you take home to use at your convenience. Each has similar results; the biggest difference is the treatment time.
In-office teeth whitening has a higher concentration of whitening ingredients. It takes about an hour to achieve optimal results. Our staff carefully applies the gel and monitors you throughout the process.
Take-home teeth whitening allows you to apply the gel whenever you like. You will have custom-made trays that you fill with whitening gel. It typically takes about a week of application to achieve the desired results.
Usage Instructions for Professional Dental Whitening Gel
It is important that you apply the teeth whitening gel properly so you do not waste any of the gel and that you experience the least amount of sensitivity.
1. PRIOR TO TREATMENT: Brush and floss just prior to bleaching your teeth. The whitening gel is the most effective with clean teeth. Try the trays in first without any beach to check the fit and comfort. Make sure that the bleaching trays are clean and dry before applying the whitening gel. Moisture reduces the efficiency of the whitening gel and slows down the whitening process.
2. APPLYING THE WHITENING GEL: When you apply the gel make sure not to fill the trays. Place a SMALL drop of tooth whitening gel half way up on the inner front surface of tray (in the front of each tooth in the tray). Do not spread the bleach around. Recap the syringe for next treatment until empty. The average treatment per arch requires approximately 0.5ml of whitening gel. We recommend that you only bleach the front 6-8 teeth as the back teeth are less visible.
3. INSERTING THE TRAYS: Insert whitening tray in the mouth over the teeth. Seat the tray firmly against the teeth. Wipe the excess gel, which seeps over the brim of the tray onto your gums, by holding the tray up with one hand, wipe the excess gel off of the gums with your finger or tissue. Wear the tray with the gel as directed below.
4. WEARING TIME: We recommend that if you have not whitened before, use for 30 minutes to 1 hour the first time and increase the wearing time if there is little or no tooth sensitivity.
5. AFTER WHITENING: Remove the tray and rinse off your teeth. Brush any remaining gel away. Brush, floss and continue routine dental cleaning. Apply desensitizing gel if your teeth become too sensitive - follow steps 1 through 4 again using the desensitizing gel.
6. CARING FOR YOUR TRAYS AND GEL: Clean whitening trays with a toothbrush or Q-tip and cold water. Store trays in the tray holder and gel in cool dry place away from heat and direct sunlight. The gel may be refrigerated to prolong the shelf life, but do not freeze.
DENTAL WHITENING GEL CAN BE REFRIGERATED FOR LONG TERM STORAGE. Shelf life is one year un-refrigerated and two years refrigerated. These are general recommendations and may vary between manufacturers. Please read the manufacturers instructions. Use only in accordance with these instructions.
Note: Conduct your whitening session once per day until desired level of whitening is attained.